Creative Mentoring: Training
- 1212.November.SundayNo events
- 1313.November.MondayDover, DE, United Stateshttps://connecting-generations.org/event/adult-mentor-training-kent-county-10/Dover, DE, United States
- 1414.November.TuesdayNo events
- 1515.November.WednesdayNo events
- 1616.November.Thursday326 Ruthar Dr, Newark, DE 19711, USAhttps://connecting-generations.org/event/adult-mentor-training-new-castle-county-16/326 Ruthar Dr, Newark, DE 19711, USA
- 1717.November.FridayNo events
- 1818.November.SaturdayNo events
Creative Mentoring places a strong emphasis on mentor training.
Why? We want to make sure you get the most out of your mentoring relationship. After all, investing in kids is our number one priority!
Because we take this pretty seriously, our training meets the standards outlined in the Elements of Effective Practice for Mentoring, MENTOR’s cornerstone publication, reflecting the most up-to-date research, practice, and thinking in the mentoring field. Each and every mentor that goes through Connecting Generations is required to attend this free training before being placed with a child. If you are an educator wishing to work with children as a mentor, we have a tailored mentor training model for you! These distinct training sessions are scheduled when requested by partner sites.
Let’s Get Specific
To register for training, call 302-656-2122 or register online using our interactive calendar.
We’re excited to get to know you and spend some time sharing our vision with you! Should the session be cancelled for any reason on our end, we will notify you as soon as possible. If you have any doubts about the session being cancelled due to inclement weather conditions, please call us at 302-656-2122 We will either make ourselves available to answer your questions or will have an up-to-date recording giving you the information you need.
High Schoolers have the potential to be the perfect role models for elementary age students.
If you’re a high school student in Delaware and you’re wondering how you can get involved in a mentor relationship, we have the resources you need right here! Creative Mentoring has a tailored mentor training and handbook specifically for high school students interested in mentoring younger elementary students. This two-hour training covers the same topics as our standard training, but is geared towards engaging high school students.